Saturday, November 07, 2009

And So It Begins

I pretty well refuse to think about Christmas before the beginning of November, but we're here, so I begin — with teensy weensy baby steps only, of course. One doesn't wish to go overboard just yet, after all. With regards to my wish list, it rather behooves me to get on the ball early because my ladies are usually at pains to get me to give them some clues. In the event, I have sent my Christmas list to Thesha and Cuppa. It's a list of two items. What can I say? I don't lack for much.

So, that's one Christmas todo item taken care of, and the other is getting my music in order. Last year, nearer to Christmas than it is now, my iPod lost touch with my iTunes, and I was forced to be without some of my Christmas music. So it was that I spent many hours yesterday, moving many tunes from the lost tunes folder to the normal iTunes folder.

Once that was done, I updated my iPod and discovered that I have almost 300 songs in my Christmas playlist. Good grief. That does represent many years and even a few decades of accumulation, but still ...

Included on the list are 12 versions of Silent Night, 7 of What Child is This?, 5 White Christmases and so on and so forth. Maybe I need to spend another day whittling down the list just a little, eh?

Otherwise, don't become unduly alarmed about me rushing the season. I just want to get the music ready; I don't really wish to play it yet. No, not yet.

12 comments:

Barry said...

My first baby step toward the Christmas season is to begin the process of denying there is any urgency. That is much easier to do in early November but requires great skill and dexterity to maintain in mid December.

Donna said...

I love Christmas time, but you already know this!hahaa..
It's the feeling...the kindness in people's gestures towards one another...the Extra effort...How I Wish it could hang around 12 months of the year...love, concern for others...
I'm searching for Sinead O'Conner, Silent Night...beautiful!
I told Hubby I want it played at my funeral....HAHAa...well, I did! It says it all!
Have a Happy Christmas planning day Ac!hughugs

Anonymous said...

Well that is a big relief. I am so glad you got that done. Now what is an IPod? No just kidding, I know what it is, but I hardly know how to put my CD's in and out, I could never learn to use an IPod. Looking forward to sharing the upcoming holiday with all my blogger buddies.
QMM

Diana said...

Well I want to play it and I am not ashamed to admit it. I threatened to start decorating. My husband put his caveman like foot down and told me that I had to wait until after Thanksgiving as per our agreement.
Do you think that he would notice if I put one out here and there?
Love Di

MARY G said...

I always cringe when the muzak Xmas muck starts whining away in the supermarket, but the real stuff ... any time now. I have a box full of Christmas discs, and, yes, lots of versions of the oldies.
What I hate is that at precisely midnight on Christmas Day, everyone stops playing Xmas music. I want it at least until Epiphany.
What are your favs?

Mara said...

Merry Christmas!!

Kila said...

I like your selections.

Yes, much too early.

Kathy Trejo said...

My father-in-law keeps his Christmas tree up all year around. Now that's the Spirit! ;-D

KGMom said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--I refuse to think about Christmas until AFTER U.S. Thanksgiving.

Sorry to be so obstreperous.

Anonymous said...

I have every intention of being ready early this year! I already know what to buy as gifts for people, I have a secret santa gift which I have already got, I have just booked our Christmas dinner.. (We eat out on Christmas day now as my dad and I really struggle having dinner at hime without mam..) So, I like that you are readying the music!

Ruth said...

My daughter, who loves Christmas music, loaded my iPod for me. I had 10 O Holy Nights (badly over recorded song!). I was inspired to learn how to load my own device and weaned the list down a lot. I am a Scrooge of sorts.

Pearl said...

yes, Hudson's Bay and Home Hardware are already trimmed for Christmas. No music yet.