Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dogging It

Yes, I confess that I've been dogging it a bit lately, for I have been enjoying the occasional hot dog, or to be more grammatical, occasionally enjoying hot dogs.

Two or three years ago, when Thesha asked what I would like for my special Fathers day meal, I chose grilled hot dogs. Of course, this was partly to save them a bit of money but also because I hardly ever get an opportunity to eat indulge in these tubular delights. Cuppa doesn't like them, you see, so we've seldom had them in the house.

Lately though, I've bought a couple of packs and I've been enjoying a hot dog for lunch periodically. I find these President's Choice, Angus Hot Dogs quite yummy. Still, as exotic as the Angus part makes them sound, I do know that they're not exactly health food. Therefore, having satisfied a craving, I'll refrain from adding any more packages to the cart on my next foraging in the meat department.

In the meantime, I have been enjoying my little splurge. The good news is that there's one more that's been beckoning me seductively from its shelf in the fridge . The bad news is that there is only one ... which I know is also good news in a way ...

Guess what's for lunch later today.

8 comments:

Jinksy said...

Dawg gone!

Anonymous said...

That's how I am about Burger King. I allow myself one every so often, but just because they are forbidden fruit that makes me want it more.
QMM

Donna said...

HAhaaa...We like them hot off the grill..served on a hot, soft bun with sauted sweet onions on top...GoodLordMan!!! Look what you've started!!!hughugs

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Somehow hot dogs at home are never as good as hotdogs at a baseball game or from a street vendor.

Heather Plett said...

I'm not very fond of hotdogs, unless they're eaten straight off the grill outdoors. My yearly "celebration of the beginning of summer" is usually the purchase of a hotdog from a vendor downtown on my lunch hour.

Mary said...

AC,

We don't usually have hotdogs either, but the boys found a new kind that they love and they've requested them more often recently. I will not buy hotdogs this week. They've had enough of those for a while. However, I must confess, even I enjoyed indulging for a change. I usually don't eat them.

We had sunshine today. Can you believe it?

Blessings,
Mary

MARY G said...

I buy them for Little Stuff and drool. Yeah, they're bad for you. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Can't let the summer pass without at least a couple of hot dogs. :-)