Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Smiley

SILee has been away this week, so we've been spending extra time at Thesha's. Cuppa has even been sleeping over in case both babies were to become needy at the same time. So far, it hasn't happened. In fact, they've both had pretty good nights.

I am seeing more of the open-eyed version of Zachary these days.



The kids and I are still getting comfortable with each other. It's a work in progress. It doesn't help when he proffers the finger though.



Yesterday, as I was holding the little guy, I got excited and proclaimed that he had produced a genuine smile. Then I thought, "No AC, it can't be." But he did it again, about five times in five minutes all told. Cuppa grabbed the camera and caught this one — the third smile, I think. I know it sounds improbable for someone who is just three weeks old today, but they sure seemed real enough.



Then, as I was looking through photos from a few days ago, I found this next one. Looks a bit like a smile too, but let's just put that one down to a fluke.



Anyway, as I continued to hold him and walk with him (from the smile photo — two above), Zach fell fast asleep (below). Perhaps we are beginning to understand each other after all.

14 comments:

Mara said...

It's a smile alright! Lovely...

Jinksy said...

That last pic is so sweet - made me all clucky-mother-hennish!

KGMom said...

What's to understand? Just hold that little guy, give him love, and you will get loads of smiles as reward!
Lucky you!

Amanda said...

What a beautuful boy and an even more beautiful smile!

Ruth said...

No doubt that is a smile, and Zach will likely continue to be sociable and precocious. What a sweetie!

ChrisB said...

It looks like a genuine smile to me :)

JunieRose2005 said...

AHHH-AC,

This is such a sweet post! What a precious little guy your Zach is!!
Yes- he's smiling! :)

Those 2 babies are so lucky to have you and Cuppa as grandparents! Hope you realize this is the BEST times of your lives- being grandparents and being able to have a big place in your babies lives!

On that note... I commented to your comment at my place about my name 'Ginga!' :)


Junie Rose

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Awwwwwwww!

Mary said...

AC,

Your grandson adores you and that is why he's smiling. He is adorable.

You'd be surprised what babies can do and it looks to me like he is bonding with Grandpa. Enjoy! Before you know it, he will be walking, then running. ;-)

Blessings,
Mary

Lorna said...

That is certainly a smile, especially if it happened 5 times in a row. And if it isn't, he's already mastered faking it.

Judy said...

Of course they are smiles!

The little guy has A LOT to be happy about!

Anonymous said...

Is there anything more exciting or more beautiful than the first smiles... I think not. :-) Those smiles look real to me.

dabrah said...

I believe you definitely have a smiley grandson there. How adorable.

Janet said...

Of course those are smiles!!! I'll never believe anyone who says differently. He knows how lucky he is to have you for a Grandpa!