Friday, February 27, 2009

Foto Friday



With Zachary hogging much of the limelight these days (Limelight? What is that?), it's time to give Nikki Dee her due. Above, she drives Mom crazy. Mom will sit at the computer for a few minutes, and the kid will insist on being up there, and she can get quite upset and vocal if she is not allowed. She is a strange duck to be sure.

But she's also a lovey duck and a ton of fun. She and Daddy are having a great time in the next picture. It's a great shot that SILlee took, holding the camera at arm's length while he played with the kid.






Oh what we do to keep the kids amused. We don crazy headgear (above) or do the dance. If Nikki Dee is distraught, a little dance with Buppa will generally calm her quickly. Below, she rests her head against my shoulder and calms right down. I may have been smiling because she often tries to hum along. She's very cute, you know.





When I label my very own firstborn grandchild as an odd duck (even strange was actually my adjective of choice somewhere above), I do so deliberately. You see, in the above photograph, she insisted on climbing up on Grandma's lap while she was rocking Zachary. Wait, I agree; that's not so strange. But what is strange is that I have no time to wait for the right shot because as soon as she sees the camera she is at pains to check the image. Right away; can't wait. The problem is that she wants to see the image before one has even taken the picture, for, as you can see below, she is hastening off the lap to see the picture. Odd duck, indeed!



Finally, while Cuppa has either blogged these next two photos or plans to (I forget which), I can't help but show them too. Once again these are two Daddy shots that are quite wonderful: taken through the glass as she peered in from the outside on a winter day. I don't mind using Daddy's pictures because they were taken with my camera, and I do all of the processing work, which is really the greater job. Aren't they great?



11 comments:

Mara said...

That last photo is just beautiful! Pretty in pink for sure...

Jinksy said...

The last shot is enough to give anyone the shivers in sympathy for that little pink nose!
Is Nikki Dee preparing for future paparazzi, perhaps, in her eagerness to see her photo?!

Woman in a Window said...

They are wonderful shots. I remember the Mummasee? Mummasee? Over and over again taking pictures and video. They don't ever seem to give up.

Ginger said...

Hmmm. I think most kids her age are both strange and lovely ducks (totally precious and sometimes annoying at the same time!). The last "pink" photo is superb! Great processing, AC!

Janet said...

Oh, both of mine want to see the picture before it's taken too. On our old camera the LED screen was broken so they learned they couldn't see it until the pictures were on the computer, but then we got a new camera. It didn't take long for them to figure out they could see the pictures again!
She's too cute in that pink snowsuit.

JunieRose2005 said...

AHHH- such great pictures of your little Nikki Dee- and what wonderful times for you all- having 2 babies to play with! :) The best times in your life!!!


Junie

Jeannette StG said...

the last pic is a postcard - priceless!

Lorna said...

Your photo Friday is a jewel.

Mary said...

AC,

It was fun catching up and I enjoyed the photos of your Grands. They are both adorable.

Nikki Dee is very photogenic and the last two pictures are simply magnificent. I love to see kids with rosy cheeks from spending time playing in the snow.

I read the post below. It is difficult, as we age, to realize that one of us will be on our own one day. But as you said, you and Cuppa have many more years to enjoy your relationship.

Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Mary

Garnetrose said...

My own grandchild is much like nikki. She will not allow her mom or me at the computer unless we allow her to pound on the keys or, the desk while we are busy paying bills and such on line. She is just as bad with the phone. she loves to pound the phone key pad and has called me a few times, much to her mom's dismay since they are out of our calling area and it is roaming when she calls on the cell phone. *s*

Anonymous said...

What a delightful little duck she is. Her running to see the photo before it is even taken had me smile. :-)