Thursday, February 05, 2009

Day Two

Let's face it bloggers; you're going to get a steady diet of Zach photos for the next little while. It's most for family and friends and also for me because that's where my head will be at. I will understand if my blogging friends make themselves scarce.

Back in the hospital ...

We were up early this afternoon and for a while in the evening and can report that he seems to be doing fine. It's been a day of a lot of sleeping and a little feeding. Fussing has been minimal ... for Mom too. She's in good spirits and seems to be recovering quickly. Tomorrow will be eventful as they are coming home. We'll see how that goes because Nikki Dee had a few moments of angst and at the hospital jealousy today. dad and I took her for short lunch at the cafeteria followed by a longer tour of the attached seniors residence.

Zach doesn't seem to prefer being up like he is in these two photos although you can't tell from his sleepy and contented look these pictures. He likes to be swaddled, and early indications are that he will take to the soother, something that never was high on Nikki Dee's joy list.

He has long fingers and toes and some of his facial marks may be from scratching himself.


11 comments:

Ruth said...

I would think something was wrong if Zach was not the main thing on your mind right now. And his big sister will need extra loving too. Our first born twins were used to lots of attention and were not impressed with their new little sister at all.

KGMom said...

Your blogging friends are happy to have you post away!
Congrats all around--he's a beautiful baby.

Jinksy said...

I hope you don't mind my being a 'baby photo stalker'! I do love to share a baby - even if miles and miles away....

Donna said...

You Know we all Love your stories and photos!!! He's so precious!! Have FUN!!hughugs

Jules said...

Congratulations!!!! What a gorgeous baby boy and I love the name (it was one that was on our list)

I've been so busy being a 'single Mommy' these last couple of weeks that I just haven't had the chance to read what's been going on. Guess it took a half vacation day of work to do that :)

Congrats again - enjoy the cuddles! As you well know, they grow so quickly!

Mary said...

AC,

Beautiful pictures and such a handsome boy. I will never get tired of hearing about Zach and watching him grow. In fact, I'm looking forward to it.

Nikki Dee will need lots of love and attention too. It's hard to give up the number one spot to a sibling.

Take care and enjoy both of your grandkids.

Blessings,
Mary

Anonymous said...

I so understand how this is an all encompassing event. Enjoy!!

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

The bottom picture seems to be saying "If I close my eyes, you can kiss me on the cheek!)

Ginnie said...

Zach is adorable. I hope Nikki Dee is excited as you are. It seems like yesterday that she was born.

Woman in a Window said...

It's my son!!! REALLY. He must be mine. He looks just like him.

ChrisB said...

He's adorable and your *blooging friends* enjoy sharing your joy and the lovely photos.