Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Winter's Coming. Eh?

ND seems to be over whatever was ailing her for a fairly long stretch. She didn't nap well for awhile, and, when baby doesn't nap, we all get tired. But she went down for two and a half hours today! It was so long that I was beginning to wonder if all was well. But wake up she did ... and happily.

Mom isn't feeling all that well, so she'll probably take the morrow off, and that means we will too. Unfortunately, I still have to get early up early to get some spots and tags burned off at the hospital. Nevertheless, we all like our occasional days off. Our little townhouse backyard needs one more raking of the leaves, so if the weather is decent I'll attend to that with the extra available hours. It won't take long, but I need to do it soon because this is the last week to pass off leaf litter to the town. You know winter is coming when ...

Speaking of which, I have a date to get our snow tires installed next week.

Bring it on, eh? (I had to say it that way because I'm a good Canadian. Eh?)

13 comments:

Simply Coll said...

So glad to hear that little ND is feeling better.
The snow we got last week looks like it will stay.. so any leaves that didn't get picked up are there for the long haul. :-)
Good luck with the spot and tag removals.

Mary said...

I'm glad the little one is feeling much better. My nieces boys had a terrible cold and weren't sleeping well either. Since they are only 11 months apart, their Mama was exhausted.

I salute Cuppa's grandfather for his service and what longevity. 105is a milestone.

I wish you all the best with the spots and tags. I've had that done several times over the years. It doesn't take long.

Enjoy your time off. Grandchildren can exhaust us. They have so much energy.

Blessings,
Mary

Ruth said...

Those spots and tags are a boomer epidemic! lol! Enjoy your day "off".

Donna said...

Have a good day off! Hope everyone starts to feel better soon!!hughugs

Unknown said...

I've often wondered what happened to snow tires. I grew up in Maryland, which isn't all that far north, but have vivid memories of my Dad getting snow tires put on for the winter. Years later I lived in Cape Cod for 4 years, and the thought never occurred to me. Of course, neither is deep snow country.

Janet said...

It's so hard when they're sick, isn't it? We had our evenings temps dip below freezing the other night and it was rainy and nasty the next day and I announced that winter was here (my least favorite season). The Mountain Man said, "Well, technically, it's still autumn."
I popped him with a baby blanket.

Kila said...

I hope Baby and Mom are both feeling better.

Yes, it is snow tire season again! It's raining here now, a little too warm today for snow, whew.

Dale said...

Spots 'n tags? Got some myself. And snow tires? One thousand dollars bought some rims and tires yesterday. Installed. I feel your pain, A/C. Eh? See?

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I trust you own the tires for I hear they are scarce to purchase over your way with Quebec requiring them.

I am not sure what "spots and tags are". I have had many spots all my life. I have many, many moles.

Anonymous said...

I've said this before.... I hate snow! I'm rather (selfishly) glad we don't get it the way you do!
Yay for snow tyres!

ChrisB said...

You mentioning snow tyres reminds me of all your snow scenes from last year!

Glad ND is feeling brighter and hope your hospital visit goes well.

gemmak said...

Lol....I read that as 'snow tiles', blame Daffy! I'm there now, it just takes a little time but now I'm wondering if there could actually be something called snow tiles! ...ignore me! ;o)

Woman in a Window said...

Oh ya, baby! Bring it on!

I do hear there's a shortage of winter tires though. Better make it quick.