Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Smudge Report

I think I've been pretty restrained for a long time now. I mean to say, when did I last show a photo of The Smudge? I took this yesterday. Is she not the sweetest?

Sleeping Beauty

I lifted the next one from Thesha's blog. It was taken on June 26th, after our long flight home from Vancouver.

Snuggling

The girl became and more alert during our hiatus. Although she was beginning to smile then, she now smiles often and freely and begins to try to use her voice. There are a few smiles and a few vocalizations in this clip, but, of course, she tends to clam up as soon as the director yells, "Roll Em." Who knows whether that her first laugh was recorded in this clip or whether it was a complete fluke?

15 comments:

KGMom said...

Oh good--a Smudge update. I have been missing these.

cat59 said...

Oh, she's beautiful. Love that perfect little mouth!

mreddie said...

I'm thinking that you are really taken with this little lady - at least it looks that way. ec

PBS said...

Oh what a little sweetie!

Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I knew it! I come for a catch up read! Ha, ha! Doting Grampa!

I heart you Anvil!

Cathy said...

A perfect Dolly! And yes! a laughing one at that. Awwww . . . .

Gina said...

I love the title of this, and she is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Sweet photos and she looks so healthy!! What a blessing good health is!! Aren't you glad she is here now though? Have lots of fun Grandpa!!

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

You are quite irrepressible and without shame when it comes to your lovely grandchild!

It will only get better as she finds herself under you guidance.

dmmgmfm said...

She's absolutely gorgeous. I can't believe how much she's grown. Thanks for the update.

Hugs,
Laurie

Granny said...

Lovelier by the day.

I have a question for you when you have time but I'll email.

Anonymous said...

Love the huggy-hold picture. Such contentment.

ChrisB said...

She is such a cute little girl. For some reason I could not get the video to play- I'll have another try tomorrow (no that's later today I see it's gone midnight).

Maya's Granny said...

She is such a sweet Smudge! I love her smile and she is so alert and lovely.

Anonymous said...

Oh A/C.. she is just too cute for words. :-)