... as seen on many blogs and, therefore, attributed to no one.
1. Hot Chocolate or Eggnog? Hot chocolate, possibly because I haven't had much eggnog in my life. If you were to say that eggnog can be spiked, I point you to Bailey's in hot chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped or placed in bags. Unwrapping is half the fun -- some of the fun anyway.
3.Colored lights on tree/house or white? Coloured. The occasional white house (so to speak) can be classy, but it got to be too much a few years ago when so many switched over.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No dammit! Unfortunately, it's a custom that we never latched onto. Daughter has some up though, and I try to take advantage by times.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Towards the end of November -- in time for the Santa Claus parade.
6. What is your favourite holiday dish? I like the whole package: turkey with Cuppa's fine stuffing; those wonderful cheesy potatoes etc.
7. Favorite Holiday memory? I never do well with favourite questions. My mind goes blank. I have not disliked many Christmases if any. Okay, my favourite is 1972. Butterfly came home from the hospital on Christmas Day. There was, however, a harrowing aspect to a having a screaming baby in the house. But grandma came and got her settled.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? From a neighbourhood French girl who was remarkably bilingual at five years of age. We were playing ay my house, and I pulled out a box of something or other from under a chair and must have claimed that it was an early gift from Santa. She advised me that there was no Santa. We soon agreed that even though most gifts came from parents that Santa brought one present, but in my heart of hearts, I knew that it wasn't true.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, although there was a time when we permitted the kids to open one gift -- pyjamas.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? How else???
11. Snow! Love it or Hate it? Snow is pretty and wonderful in the right context, especially new-fallen or rural, still-pristine snow.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes but not well. In addition, I turn clockwise much better than counter but all public skating always goes the wrong way for me.
13. Do you remember your favourite gift? My first bicycle, I guess. I was nine (I think) and had only learned to ride the previous year on friends' bikes.
14. What's the most important thing? Family time.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Hmmm, we had apples pies at one point, and that would be it hands down. I can't remember my last homemade apple pie. Maybe I should learn to bake, eh?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We always do a Christmas Eve get-together with various snacks. And I also like getting a greasy burger and fries the day that we make the turkey (we cook it a day or two before Christmas).
17. What tops your tree? A lighted star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both giving or getting the right and appropriate surprise gift is most exellent. I don't want to say giving just to be politically correct, but I think I'd have to go with that answer.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? What did I say about favourites, eh? But how about Il est ne le divine Enfant (sorry about the missing accent) for this year?
20. Candy canes, Yuck or Yum? Neither: so so.