Monday, April 10, 2006

Noticing

 



Cuppa took this picture of me today as I sat by the river drinking coffee at the halfway point of our walk. It is noticeable for several things.


For one: the Canadians among us will recognize the cup. They will also understand that we are coming to the end of the annual Roll Up The Rim contest. Once again, my [contest] cup has not exactly overflowed. I didn't win anything this year — again! — not a donut, not a coffee, not an anything.


Two: the camera bag which I boasted about the other day is beside me. Yes, I tried it out on the walk, and it worked pretty darn well. It wasn't too very onerous to carry, and I found it relatively easy to access the camera when I required it.


Three: I am wearing a winter coat. It's open, and the sleeves are unzipped, and I'm only wearing a tee shirt underneath, but it is a winter coat. I probably would have been fine with a lighter jacket, but it was breezy when we started out, and the wind had a bit of a chill to it.


Four: I am wearing my nice-weather hat as opposed to my winter hat of the same style but heavier material. I made a point of wearing it, you see. I rather had to make a point of it because I didn't yesterday. I mean to say: one doesn't necessarily think of wearing sun hats on coolish spring days. But it was sunny yesterday. And I was out for two hours. And I couldn't help but notice that my head was a trifle sore last night ... and red to look at. In fact, even though I remembered to protect myself today, my head is still taking pains (as it were) to remind me that I was rather foolish yesterday.


Nevertheless I am rather enjoying these bits of nice weather that the universe is bestowing upon us as she sees fit at this time of year.


 

12 comments:

Debra said...

Wow! Does that ever look wonderful... That's one of my favorite things to do in the whole world--sit beside the water. After seeing your picture, I guess I will have to go do that tomorrow! Glad you had a nice time (and maybe you will win something under the rim next time...smile...) Blessings, Debra

Gina said...

Ok, get me some tea, and I'm there. Is it Tim Horton's? Do they also sell tea, or just coffee? I mean, even Starbucks sells tea....

mreddie said...

That does look relaxing - we have been having some great weather as well. Our problem is that it is going past great weather and start getting hot too soon. 80s(F)are predicted past the middle of the week. I usually have to have some kind of jacket or vest - and must have something on my head if out for more than 5 minutes - I can associate with the pain of a burned head. ec

Heather Plett said...

I'm still kicking myself for leaving an un-rolled Tim's cup in a shopping cart. That was probably the big prize, and I lost my chance!

Bonita said...

We've had abundant sunbreaks here, too - they are intoxicating. I know a perfect park bench, too.

Madcap said...

It's been several degrees warmer than our "normal" temps here recently, and oh, isn't it wonderful! I'm envious of your water-walk though - still too early for that here.

oshee said...

What a peaceful place to take a walk. I enjoyed catching up on your past several posts.

karla said...

I have won two free coffee's and a donut. I was hoping for the car, because we need a new one, and goofball me threw away my career and we have no money now...except to buy Tim Horton's coffee of course.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the sore head!! I am now to the place I need to wear some kind of hat if out in the middle of the day sunshine! ARGH! This is not supposed to happen to women, but with the high blood pressure meds I am on...it is definitely VERY thin now!! Oh well, at least you have a hat, eh?

Turtle Guy said...

You're so Canadian! Kudos!! For the first time in my LIFE, I won on a roll-up cup... but yesterday!! I won a coffee... as opposed to another chance to play. hee hee...

So good to hear you're enjoying places like this. wonderful.

Tom.... said...

good idea on the hat....those of us with prodigious domes need to take the needed precautions...nice little water area to walk at...Not much like that in the midwest USA at least not where I live. Still, the mighty Miss is a short drive to a county park away....make the time is the key.

Anonymous said...

The blue skies and sunshine are wonderful to experience and I can appreciate that the air is still a bit cool. Isn't it grand.. and this is only the beginning. :-)