Saturday, April 22, 2006

Flocking


That's right! Cuppa and I are about to make like those geese; we're going to flock off for a while. We'll shortly head for Arizona and that little ditch that people talk about with such awe in their voices, and we'll be busy for the next day or two until we make like those geese. Therefore, this will be my last post for a spell, but I have made arrangements for a couple of old blogs to be re-posted in my absence. They'll be new to you, unless you have gone waaayy back in the archives.


We are finding the last-minute stuff very busy-making, especially in seeing how many hyphenated words we can fabricate (see previous clause), but we're getting there. I have five books uploaded to my iPod to keep me semi-sane in airports and airplanes. I say semi-sane because you can't realistically expect to reverse the accumulated damage of decades. Not to fear there's still enough room for about 8,000 photos — give or take a thousand or two. That's if I need any additional room because I also treated my state of dubious semi-sanity to a 2 gig memory card. Cuppa has a half-gigger, and we also have some spare quarter-giggers. Sheesh! It's a wonder that I can afford the trip after buying all dem-dare-hyphenated-giggers.


So, this Canada Goose is about to take a gander about Arizona and will be back in about a week and a half. Talk to you then.


 

14 comments:

mreddie said...

Maybe someday I will get to see more of America as well - hope you guys have a wonderful trip. ec

Granny said...

Have a great time. I'll keep a light in the window.

Both of you.

Sarah Elaine said...

Enjoy the journey. We'll look forward to an update when you are home safe.

Gina said...

I hope you two have a wonderful time!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures when you get back!

And your take on the Southwest!

Can I use any more exclamation marks in one comment?

Yes!

oshee said...

Have a safe, wonderful trip!

Sue said...

I htimope you have a great time!

Sue said...

oops, sorry, somehow half the word verification word ended up in the comment for some bizarre reason!! That second word should have been a simple 'hope'...

Bonita said...

Have a safe, happy journey....

karla said...

I bet you fill every last gig of those memory sticks up too!

Bon Voyage!

Linda said...

Have a wonderful time! I flew over said ditch once and was very impressed-even from 30,000 feet up.

Heather Plett said...

Have fun! Don't fall in the ditch!

Darlene said...

Hope this gets to you in time... Have a great, fun, fascinating, (and safe!) time!

Turtle Guy said...

happy trails! check in soon, k!!

Anonymous said...

Wow .. that sounds exciting. Have a great time.