Thursday, December 22, 2005

A Christmas Card

For many years now, up until this year, I have been making my own Christmas cards. I normally use one of my own photos and print it in card format complete with inside message on my own printer. For a number of years, I even printed the envelopes with fancy dancy graphics. Some people remarked that they kept the envelopes. I don't suppose that they meant in perpetuity but that they didn't toss them out immediately on opening.


For a number of years I would also send out an email version, and then I got to the point where I just put it online and sent an email message with a link. As a result, I have a few old cards in storage here and there, and I thought that I would post one of these on each of the next few days.


In most cases or at least some, I no longer have the inside message, but I'm sure that you can imagine my sentiments pretty well by now. When Christmas rolled around last year, I was learning a few things about Dreamweaver, and one of the was how to do a simple bit of animation. Now, a year later, I would have no clue how to do it, but I can send you to last year's card. Just be a little patient for it to finish doing it's funny little thing — until you see "Merry Christmas." This is one case where the online experience was richer because the snail mail people just got the final, static product.


Enjoy.


Oh, in case you are wondering about the picture, we had been snowshoeing and Cuppa had got herself stuck in the deep snow by the river bank. Now, I didn't really have a shovel handy at the time; I just hauled her out by hand. What might appear to be a shovel was actually a broom handle that I had been using to pry frozen wood from an outdoor pile when the furnace at the cottage broke down, and that was on another day. Well, it's a long story, and I may refer you to it later — in January, perhaps, when we hope to be there again.


 

13 comments:

Gina said...

Awesome, AC!

Melodee said...

I love that!

Granny said...

Wow. Your wife is lovely. That country looks much like central New York where I grew up. If you know where Utica is, I was 10 miles east (or 60 miles east of Syracuse).

We got an amazing amount of snow.

methatiam said...

I too have an animated card for those who check in with me, this one was done with Alchemy Mindwords as an animated GIF.

Paul said...

AC, wishing both of you happy holidays.

Ginger said...

What a fun card. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.

Anonymous said...

Love the Card!!
Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas.

Bonita said...

WOW! That is amazing - and a great card, too. Happy Holidays to Cuppa, yourself, and the girls.

Rainypete said...

Niceley done, and might I wadd that you have impeccable taste in headwear!

-epm said...

This is great! My mood always brightens a little after popping in here for a visit...

Thanks.

mreddie said...

AC to the rescue! Every good woman needs a hero now and then. ec

Lora said...

Very nice! It's been a while since I've stopped by and it looks like you have been quite busy decorating for the holidays. Merry Christmas to you!

gemmak said...

Love it :o)

Have a very happy Chrsitmas :o) xx