Sunday, April 10, 2005

Q&A 4 (and final)

What is your favourite month? Now that I don't have to go back to the teaching grind every September, I think I must pick that month. It's still summer, but not torridly so. There are still lots of flowers in bloom, but the pesky mosquitoes are rapidly diminishing. In the last few years, we have gone away in September: once down east, but usually to the cottage. Yes, it's a good month.


What was the last movie you watched? My Fair Lady. It was the first things we taped when we got our PVR (DVR) just a few weeks ago. I had never sat down and watched this famous flick, but I'm not quite glad that I did. Since then, we have watched several two-or-more-part British detective series, which should count as movies due to their lengths: Inspector Lynley, Inspector Dalgliesh, and Silent Witness.


What book are you reading? Liberating the Gospels: Reading the Bible with Jewish Eyes. This is the second of John Spong's books that I have read (or am reading). In a nutshell, he contends that the gospels were written by Jews and that we can't properly understand them unless we begin to understand what that means. They were designed as liturgical readings to complement the reading of The Torah throughout the Jewish liturgical year. As such, they were never intended to be factual and chronological accounts of the life of Christ but to show who He was/is.


What did you watch on TV last night? Ah, finally an important question! American Idol. Yes, we are Idol worshippers, both the American and Canadian versions. I think that's all we watched last night, which isn't a lot — only a half hour. However, we frequently watch Dr Phil and/or Oprah in the afternoon. I think we watched Phil yesterday.


Well, that's thirteen questions out of fifty-five in the survey that I was sent. I think the survey was intended to be filled in and mailed back, but why pass up potential blog material?


PS: We didn't really watch American Idol last night. This post was already up in draft mode, but I didn't hit the publish button until now.


 

No comments: