Friday, April 01, 2005

Q&A 2

Would you bungee jump? Well, not at this stage of life, not with back and other degenerative problems. If the opportunity had presented itself at the right time in my life, I would have considered it. I'm not sure that I would have done it, but I would have considered it. Since I don't love ladders or heights, that sounds odd, but I never much minded roller coasters and such, and bungee jumping seems to fall into (if you'll pardon the expression) that category.


Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I untie them probably eighty to ninety percent of the time. However, I push them off enough that my orthotist noticed the wear marks on the backs on my runners when I last went it to see her. She accused me of being just like the kids. I don't think she meant it as a compliment, but I prefer to interpret it to meaning that I am young at heart.


What do you miss most right now? It's not quite the truth to say that I still miss playing tennis because I don't think about it much any more., but it was what immediately popped into my head when I read the question. Up until about ten years ago, I would play almost every day during the summer. I was modestly proficient at the game. Although I am not a great athlete, I have reasonably good hand-eye coordination and was adept enough at tennis to really get into a good match.


 

2 comments:

A said...

Would you bungee jump? Um, no. Something about hurtling face-downward off a bridge, then, just as I'm about to smack face-first into the water, being yanked upward towards the sky... just doesn't appeal to me!!

Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Usually, yes.

What do you miss most right now? I miss some things about the way my life used to be about 10 years ago, prior to when some significant changes occurred in my life.

Iona said...

Forgive me, but where did these weird questions suddenly come from?
Anyway,

>Would you bungee jump?
Not in a million years! I would however consider skydiving... :)

> Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
.. yeah, most of the time. Unless I'm too exhausted to bend down ;)

>What do you miss most right now?
Hmm.. hard one. Oh! I miss the Finnish sauna. That nice warmth, the way my skin starts to feel intensely clean and soft. And the cosy/sleepy way you feel afterwards.