Sunday, January 30, 2005

The Dogsology

Sunday morning: a traditional time of worship for many. When we visit with Cuppa's sister, we celebrate the day by singing The Dogsology to/with Zeus.


Seriously, the dog's name is Zeus, and he will always join in with anyone who is singing. He lifts his head and seems to try his best to howl in tune. It's always delightful — something that I really look forward to. It seems especially appropriate to sing The Dogsology to/with a dog named after the Greek god, Zeus, especially when you consider that dog is a palindrome of god.


We've had our pack howl (or song of praise) this morning, and are just about to head home with a side trip to see daughter #2.



A photo of Zeus staring out of the window,
taken last weekend at Riverwood


 

4 comments:

karla said...

My cat can quack like a duck when he decides its time for the world to wake up and give him breakfast.
I wish I could say that was music to my ears!

karla said...

You'll have to pardon me if I am intruding on your blog template, but I noticed your side bar has jumped down on the page.

If I may, I would like to offer my opinion.

I *think* the problem is from a style set in your template. In your style tags (I cant type them here, as blogger wont allow me to include HTML in the comment area), you have a style that looks like this:

.caption400 {
width: 400px;
font-size: 85%;
font-style:italic;
padding-top: 0;
margin-top: -5px;
margin-bottom: 5px;
padding-bottom: 5px;
color: #7171d0;
}


Try decreasing the width prperty to 200 or so...that should resolve the problem.

(If not, them you can completely ignore this and I will hang my head in shame for butting in).

Signed...a nosy Web Developer

Anvilcloud said...

Aw crap! I use FF and didn't see that in IE. There is another style that I have used that caused a slight bleeding of the content container, but now it is bigger and forcing the sidebar down.

I did that caption400 thing for pacing that blue text under my 400px photos. So, I'd like to keep it close to 400px, but we'll have to see.

The page works in Opera too except for that funny second footer that I also get in FF. Have I told you how much I dislike IE?

Please intrude and advise as much as you'd like, Karla. I have an interest in this sort of thing but not a pile of hands-on, real-life experience.

Back to the drawing board. I wish that I could play with styles on the fly as you can with 'Edit CSS' in FF.

Unknown said...

Zeus is my kind of dog! Right now we're listening to June Tabor, Celtic singer. She is the best! But I just listen, I don't sing unless my human sings really wild and crazy.

Cal