Friday, November 19, 2004

Emotional in Blue Jeans

I am feeling emotional right now.


You see, I bought two pairs of blue jeans today. Pretty common stuff really — for most people.


I am hard-pressed to remember the last pair of jeans that I owned. Was it twenty years ago? More? Less?


For whatever reason, I have it in my head that jeans are to be worn by skinny people. I have not been skinny for almost all of my adult life. Let me be more truthful. I have been fat for all of my adult life — save for a few months here and there during diets and for brief periods afterward.


When I began the battle to regain control of my weight, way back near the beginning of the year, one of my goals was to be able to fit into a pair of denims. And, today, I have succeeded. I may have jumped the gun a bit, for I am not exactly skinny yet, but I needed to buy something to replace the loose, baggy items that my old trousers have become. Off we went to Mark's Work Wearhouse, and home I came with my trophies: two pairs of blue jeans!


I've gone down two pant sizes, four inches, in the last ten months or so and no longer feel too fat to wear denims. So, believe or not, this old fart is sitting here with tears in his eyes as he types this. Silly old fool that he is.


I am very grateful to my beloved. I asked for help on this journey, and she delivered it in spades. Thanks partner.

3 comments:

Cuppa said...

You did it hunny and you look great in your new jeans! Way to go McKinley!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Anvilcloud. I am in the same situation as you being an adult with that paunch up front and I too have been up and down the range. I do however still wear my jeans and I have the full range of sizes to prove it. So next year (say that every year) when I do lose weight I am sure I have jeans still here to fit. Again, congrats and continued success on your pursuit to that thinner body.

Martin
http://martin.eclecticblogs.ca

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

Good for you! And thanks for sharing.